We are a project-focused foundation. We do not provide general operating funds to any organization.
Our Application process has several steps.
First, take the on-line Eligibility Quiz.
Second, if the Quiz allows you to proceed,
Set-up your organization and a password. The password is specific to one person. If you need to have multiple people entering information or uploading data, either have them set-up their own password, or share yours.
Upload the following required information:
- A copy of your current IRS Tax Exemption Approval letter. You must be a 501(c)3 organization.
- Your latest form 990 (within the past 12 months). If you use Form 990-EZ please provide the following additional financial information:
- The total amount you spent on Programs Services, Management, and Fund Raising in the past year.
- Your total income and sources for the past year.
- Or, if you have one, your current (within the past 12 months) audited financial statement.
Third, we will review the information you upload. If acceptable, we will ask you to complete the on-line application for a grant. All questions on the Application must be answered in full, and you must also provide a detailed budget for the project/program for which you are seeking funds.
You do not have to complete the Application all at once. You may log back into our website and complete it at a later date. However, if you do not complete your Application within 90 days, it will be closed and you will need to start the process again. Your Application will be considered only if all questions are answered.
Our Pre-Qualification Committee reviews each fully completed Application and evaluates it. If they have questions about your submission, they will contact you for further information.
The Committee makes their recommendations to the Board of Directors on a bimonthly basis, taking into consideration the other applications received and funds available.
Some of the things we consider include:
- The purpose of the request
- How it fits into your community/organizational mission
- How much experience your organization has with this type of program
- A comparison of the projected budget to your overall financials
- Your goals/expectations for the project
If your application is approved, you will be notified and sent a Grant Agreement via email. The Agreement contains the terms for the Grant and a requirement that you report the results of your project back to us annually, whether the grant is made for one or multiple years.
The Robert & Toni Bader Charitable Foundation reserves the right to decline any requests, change these guidelines without notice, or reduce any grant amounts in accordance with budgets, guidelines, or conflict of interest with the Foundation.